"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, September 27, 2008

What is the food like in China?


Hey everyone, especially my little brother Dale, I’ve started making a catalog of all the neat foods I get to eat here in China. All the food is great, and some of the food is a little different, as you will begin to see here.

This is a package of Jiao Zi’s, or dumplings I ordered to go. These little guys are filled with a combination of meat and vegetables, then folded up and boiled until they’re ready to eat. These ones in particular are folded intricately and beautifully. You can then dip them in soy sauce, or add a little spice by mixing the soy sauce with some hot sauce to dip in. Either way, they’re great! So far, these are the best Chinese dumplings I’ve ever eaten. Heidi, I hope you’re ready, because this is might be one of the first meals you will have when you get here (and they’re fantastic!).

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Hey guys! This is Noelle & Phil Bastian (from Union Square) it looks like you're going to be (or are) spending some time in China!! That is so awesome! What is it for and for how long? Hope you're having a wonderful time!