On my way to the top of a 392-stair ascent to Sun Yat Sens mausoleum, I stand in front of a pretty building along the way. The words inscribed in the building (reading from right to left) say in translation that “Everything under heaven belongs to the people.” Dr. Sun died in 1924, and was recognized as the Father of Modern China. He did some pretty remarkable things while he lived, which is why the Chinese people built this magnificent memorial to him.
"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Sun Yat Sen Memorial
On my way to the top of a 392-stair ascent to Sun Yat Sens mausoleum, I stand in front of a pretty building along the way. The words inscribed in the building (reading from right to left) say in translation that “Everything under heaven belongs to the people.” Dr. Sun died in 1924, and was recognized as the Father of Modern China. He did some pretty remarkable things while he lived, which is why the Chinese people built this magnificent memorial to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment