For breakfast, I normally have oatmeal and some fruit. But this day I was able to have a pretty tasty Chinese breakfast. The plate on the right has some cut-up cucumber and a slice of bread with a fried egg on top. The plate on the left has some sweet rice with egg and veggies mixed in, a couple of Bao Zi’s, a fried thing, and the green thing is called a Zong Zi. One way I heard it described as is a Chinese tamale. Instead of it being wrapped in a corn husk, it’s wrapped in a leaf and tied up with a string. After boiling it for a while, you then untie it and eat the rice (and sometimes meat, if it has some) that’s inside. The rice is very sticky, but tastes great! I read about Zong Zi’s in my Chinese 202 class, so I was pretty excited to eat them when I saw them. As you can tell, I’m a big fan!
"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Some Tasty Breakfast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow James! I'm glad you're learning a lot and expanding something during this trip! NO, I'm so glad you're having a good time! We miss you guys and hope all is well! Heidi, I loved hearing things about what you're doing! Love you both!
Hey Heidi! I just scrolled through your blog (I saw it on your facebook)! Looks awesome!
We have a blog if you ever want to check it out! (http://beccajackman.blogspot.com) Good to see y'all doing so well!
Post a Comment