"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The biggest news of our lives, thus far...

We know some of you are already aware, but we wanted to formally announce...

WE'RE ADOPTING!

We are working with LDS Family Services and are nearly approved. It has been a long process but the end result will be so sweet! Once we are approved, our adoption profile will be posted on itsaboutlove.org where anyone including birth parents and their families can read about us and hopefully one of them will like us enough to place their child with us. The process of matching the child and family is totally in the birth parents' hands. They choose us, so we are doing everything we can to spread the word and would appreciate all the help we can get. We are working on an adoption blog (that will soon be finished) that can be shared with anyone looking to place their child for adoption. We'll keep you updated!

Here is a video that we think you will enjoy!

7 comments:

Tom Crowther said...

I recommend you because the baby would have the greatest grandad in the world!!!!

alyssa said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! Who wouldn't want to pick you? You're awesome.

Buchfam said...

Congratulations! You will be the best parents in the world! I really mean that!This is Charity.I just found the paper that I wrote your blog address on! After our move everything was pretty unorganized :)That was a beautiful video!

Lanette said...

Hooray and congratulations!!! We're actually adopting through LDS Family Services too, and it's been SUCH a good experience! We got approved in July, so we're still pretty new. It can be a major rollar-coaster, but it's also just really incredible. Let me know if you have a button I can put on our adoption website for you guys, and if you want to talk about anything or anything else! So excited for you guys!

Joe and Amie said...

Good luck to you both!!! It seems like so many of my friends are, or have, adopted.

jeff and alli said...

When you have your adoption blog, Jeff & I would be willing to put a link on our own blog.

Good luck. :)

Jackie Rogers Hammond said...

I am so excited for you! I hope everything goes well!