"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, November 1, 2010

We're Official!

YAY! The papers are all in and we're officially approved and ready to adopt! It's time to spread the word: our profile number on itsaboutlove.org is 24189806. Our adoption blog is www.jamesandheidiareadopting.blogspot.com, and it will continue to be improved but it is in working condition now. And our adoption email is jamesandheidi8@gmail.com.

Please share our information with anyone you know who may be considering adoption. We are trying to keep our adoption blog somewhat discreet about identifying information so that's why comments are not posted and our last names are not mentioned. At least, I tried not to mention them. If anyone finds mistakes in either our blog or our profile, please let us know! It's for the greater good! :) Thanks everyone for your prayers and support! We really appreciate all of your thoughts and well wishes.

We will keep you posted as things happen but it could be a long wait now. We hope not and we're going to everything we can to advertise our situation. We're actually members of a nationwide organization called Families Supporting Adoption. This organization is open to anyone who wants to get involved whether you have personal adoption experience or not. So, if anyone is looking for some community involvement, check out FSA! We always need help spreading positive feelings towards adoption.

And, the fun part about this - it's November 1st and November is National Adoption Month. How fun for us to be official on the first day of National Adoption Month? Love it!

5 comments:

J said...

That is so awesome! I love your adoption blog, you guys will be some amazing parents. Pace's cousin adopted a little Hawaiian girl last year and she is just the cutest thing ever. We would also like to adopt sometime in the future from overseas, but we're not sure from where or when. I can't wait to hear about your first adoption, I'm so excited for you guys!

Lanette said...

Congratulations! Your adoption blog looks great! Let me know if you have a button--we linked you guys on our resources page on our site =)

Sarah said...

This is such great news. So excited for you both! What can we do to help spread the word? Let us know, we would love to help.

Meagan said...

Your blog looks awesome! Good luck and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Tarmy said...

Good Luck Heidi. We'll keep you two in our prayers.