"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Up to?

Kudos to whoever knows what movie the title of this post is from...

So, to catch up on what we've been up to:

James has been working at HP. I think he's loving his job although he's still training and trying to get the feel of everything. He just spent two days in Arizona at another call center training the employees there on some products. It was an adventure because due to random oil under the plane they canceled his flight in the middle of boarding! Not only that, but they also canceled his return flight at the same time since they were connected. Haha. Poor guy. He also went on a Father&Son camp out that our church put on. He went with his dad, three little brothers, older brother and his son. I think they had a ton of fun although it rained all the first night so they pretty much set up the tents, ate dinner, and went to bed. We also haven't seen the camera since that night so that's why there hasn't been pictures lately...

I have been sewing my pajamas that were supposed to be my Christmas present last year but they were delayed but now they're done!!! When we find the camera, I'll take a picture of James and I in our matching pajamas. They're so cute - like the Ricky and Lucy Ricardo 50's pajamas. I also figured out how to work the key to the pool gate (or maybe they fixed it because I heard rumor it wasn't working, so maybe it's not just me) but I've been swimming a couple times. They told us the pool was heated but they lied. It's very, very, very cold. I've been asked to help in the Nursery at church so every week I spend the second and third hours of church with all the toddlers. It's great, but it will be better when I know the routine and more especially when I know their names.

We finally got an entertainment center - ours died in the move which wasn't really a surprise. It was falling apart. The new one is exactly the same style except a darker color so it matches our stuff better. It's really not the best quality entertainment center but it's nice looking and it fits our stuff perfectly so we were elated to find the exact same style on craigslist.com.

I've also been able to find a few piano students so now I have weekly lessons on Wednesdays and Thursdays. That's great! I love teaching piano, especially when they practice and it gives me just a little mad money.

So that's our life story since the beginning of May, and I will find the camera I hope and post some pictures.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Dinner and then bed? Then they missed Jason's totally awesome spiritual thought!

Thanks so much to James for bringing all the rest of the Harpers out! Jason sure hopes he's not in charge next year, but unless he's released it will be another year for him to plan it. He's working on projecting as much incompetence as possible. And a little fighting with the Stake for good measure.

James and Shawna said...

Congrats on getting the paragraphs right! I'm so excited for you, it seems like you're getting into your new life so well! Congrats!

Katie said...

Sounds like things are going well for you guys. We had some people over the other day playing games. They wanted to play LOTR Trivial Pursuit. So we did and it just wasn't quite the same. Neither of them could give Josh a run for his money the way James did with his last minute strokes of genius. We miss you guys.

Jackie Rogers Hammond said...

Cold pools are no good. Our pool just opened but considering the mountains are still getting snow I can't bring myself to swim yet. Sounds like everything is going well! I'm also excited that you have some piano students!

alyssa said...

I'm glad you made it to New Mexico ok!! We've been meaning to call you and just haven't had the chance yet!