These chairs, as well as a couple of men, would be scattered around the mountain, ready and willing to carry you to the top and any other peak for a “small” price. I won’t say I didn’t think about it. A girl in our group was particularly having a hard time, and these Chinese guys could tell. They asked if she was tired, she said yes. “How tired?” they inquired, to which she responded, “Very Tired!” They then said, “1,000 Kuai!” She didn’t go for it, but there were moments we all wanted to. :)
"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Getting up Huang Shan
These chairs, as well as a couple of men, would be scattered around the mountain, ready and willing to carry you to the top and any other peak for a “small” price. I won’t say I didn’t think about it. A girl in our group was particularly having a hard time, and these Chinese guys could tell. They asked if she was tired, she said yes. “How tired?” they inquired, to which she responded, “Very Tired!” They then said, “1,000 Kuai!” She didn’t go for it, but there were moments we all wanted to. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment