"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Papa John's In China!


This is some Papa John’s Pizza! A little while ago, nine of my classmates and I had the opportunity to visit with a manager with Ford Motor Company, and he treated us with some dinner. Doesn’t that look so tasty? It’s not too different from pizza in the U.S. but the way it’s perceived is very different. If you go eat a pizza in a Chinese restaurant, you will be the only one picking it up with your hands. Pizza is considered a special treat, so the people eating there are normally dressed a little nicer, and, yes, you’ll often see them eating it with chopsticks and a knife. I find it interesting how different cultures can look at the same thing and see something completely different from each other. To us, it's pizza. To them, it's fairly fancy food.

No comments: