Now, to update on my life... I am working two jobs. One is with an elementary school for six hours a day everyday doing reading intervention programs, and the other is with the Cannon Commons Cafeteria on campus. I work in the bakery there cutting desserts and serving them every MWF night. It's a lot of work but it keeps my mind busy. James and I both went to school full time this summer and I took a couple sewing classes which I loved! The picture with us outside is in front of our new apartment building and I am wearing a skirt I made in my beginning sewing class. The other picture is of us in our kitchen while James was cooking a great chicken dinner.
We had regional conference today for all of Utah and Wasatch counties. It was a wonderful meeting. Presidents Uchtdorf and Packer spoke as well as Elder Marlin Jensen and Sister Ann Dibb who is a counselor in the general young women's presidency but also President Monson's daughter. I love the smaller conferences because the General Authorities are so relaxed and funny. President Packer said something I really liked. He said that "no matter how much the church grows, it will always be the same size: a ward, a stake, but the center of the church is always the family." Isn't that great? The family really is the focus of the church. President Uchtdorf talked about where we are spending our time and how we are setting and accomplishing goals which was great, because it was something I needed to hear. I have a bunch of things I want to do while James is gone and surprise him, but I need to be reminded that while it seems like he's going to be gone forever, I don't really have forever to get those goals done. So, it was good encouragement to keep working hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment