"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Group/Family Dining


This is really exciting. The Chinese will often eat dinner in this way when possible. In the States, we will often order our own meal, and then eat it. Occasionally, we’ll offer a part of our meal to someone else. When you eat as a group in China, you normally order a bunch of different dishes to be shared with everyone. You have a Lazy Susan in the middle of the table to make it easier to pass the food around. Aside from the rice and soup bowls, there really aren’t any serving utensils, so you just use your own chopsticks to get what food you want (that’s a part of the bonding experience of eating together).

No comments: