"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The UCLA game!


I know I should have been doing my homework from dawn til dusk, but I needed a break. So, I went to the football game and stayed until halftime. It was an amazing game! The score when I left was 42-0 as you can see on the scoreboard of the picture. Jenny and Ashley didn't come because they had too much homework still to do. But I went and sat with Jenny's roommate Tasha and my brother-in-law Stuart - who are in the picture with me - and also with Katie and one of her roommates Erin. They weren't there when we took this picture because they went to buy Frozen Lemonade with their signature cards and walked all over with the lemonade trying to buy it before they found out you can't use your signature cards there. So she gave it back after having it in her hot hands for five minutes or more. Hehe! Katie and Erin both speak sign language or are learning to speak it anway, but they already can converse pretty well. So, for a while when it was just me and those two speaking sign language to each other, I just watched the game and ignored them. When I did try to talk to them they still used signs with me because the game was so loud and guess what? I didn't understand! Imagine that? It reminded me a little of living with Shawna! Haha... She used to do that too. Speak sign language to us who knew nothing except yes and yay! Funny stuff. The best part was when the people who sat in our seats wanted to scoot down to have their real seats (which is where we ended up sitting), they just tapped Erin on the shoulder rather than talk to her. Katie and Erin think that they thought she was deaf so then they really played it up. What adventure!

No comments: