On the top of Huang Shan, any time there was a chain you would normally see them ornamented with pad locks like these. Originally, those who came to the top would bring a lock with them, have their name and when they hiked to the top engraved on it, and then lock it on the top to symbolize that a part of their soul stays on the top of Yellow Mountain to live in the peace and security of the granite peaks. Nowadays, couples will make the journey together and have their names engraved in the same way, but locked on the top of the mountain as a symbol of their eternal love for each other.
"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Pad Locks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment