This post wraps up September with all the little moments that don't really warrant their own post but are special enough to warrant photos. :)
James and I really like camping even though we don't go very often, and we've been feeling the itch to go but aren't really sure how Abi would handle it. Well, we bought her a play indoor tent and this is us trying to show her that sometimes you go in here and sleep. I don't think she got it at all. Maybe summer 2016 will be the one to go camping!
 |
| Learning to sleep in a tent |
Abi loves reading books before bedtime! This is one of her favorites because each page has a big animal face where the mouth flaps open. We love it!
 |
| Story time |
This is just a sweet picture that makes me think she's saying something like, "This is MY dad! He's the coolest dad around!"
 |
| So proud of her dad |
So, while Abi watches TV or listens to music lately, she likes to jump on the couch. I need to post video of it because it's not typical jumping. She does this thing where she just drops her seat to the couch and pushes back up to standing again. When she falls, her knees bow in and it looks terribly painful but she can do that for minutes at a time in rhythm to the music. Don't try it at home. It's not comfortable. :) You have to have no real bones yet - just tough cartilage. Anyway, she has a favorite jumping spot and one day I walked in and saw this monkey like this. I think he got squashed into the couch thanks to her jumping. It looked too perfect - I had to get pictures!
 |
| H-e-e-l-p-p-p m-m-e-e-e! |
And she doesn't seem to care at all. Haha! Poor monkey!
 |
| The big picture |
I love snuggling with this girl! It's a rare moment but so wonderful!
 |
| Snuggly Girls |
Abi thinks she is too big for the cart these days, which is fine since she usually follows me pretty closely. But it is taking longer and longer to get through some aisles now that there are two shoppers. :)
 |
| Shopping takes much longer these days |
 |
| Especially when you have to push all the buttons |
James and I went "white water rafting" on a river that was at its lowest point in 15 years or something so basically we floated down a stream. But it was still WAY fun and the most relaxing thing I've done in quite a while. On our way home from the boonies, I saw this and made James turn around so I could get a picture. Fantastic, right?
 |
| This is the coolest mailbox I've ever seen! |
I think my message got lost in translation. I know I tried to show her stickers were sticky by sticking them to her hands and face but now they go everywhere. :)
 |
| This is where stickers go |
I had to take this picture while I was shopping at the craft store. Read the sign on the shelving unit. The fact that I think this is funny is a good indicator of my kind of humor. Let me know if you think it's funny because I think it's hilarious! It's gonna be waiting there a while...
 |
| In case you can't read it, it says, "Save for Elijah" |
One day, Abi was complaining in her high chair so James got down to see what was wrong and she just pulled him close. I guess she just needed a hug. :)
 |
| Abi just needed a hug |
Another snuggle moment when I didn't expect her to fall asleep. Haha! But I caught the exact moment on camera!
 |
| That moment when the eyelids have just barely closed |
James is such a fun dad! He can get this girl giggling to the point where she can hardly stand up or breathe.
 |
| Giggles! |
James and I went to see Brian Regan at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. It was our first time seeing him live which we've heard so many good things about that we were crazy excited! It was definitely good but not like people have said because it was a live TV broadcast so he was very scripted and didn't veer a bit. So there wasn't any playing off the audience like we expected. Maybe next time. :) It was still a really great date!
 |
| Date in NYC |
 |
| Radio City Music Hall |
Spaghetti is one of Abi's favorite foods. She frequently eats naked... because I can't afford her unfashionable eating habits.
 |
| Spaghetti is a winner |
I bought Abi some kid-sized headphones for our plane trip in August and she didn't like them a bit. But I know we have much traveling ahead of us so I'm trying to teach her how they work and to like them. This is an investment in the peace of future plane trips.
 |
| Learning to like the headphones |
Hope you enjoyed our September! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment