"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, January 2, 2016

August Adventures

This post is just a bunch of random pictures and adventures from August. Enjoy!


No smiles for the camera
Abi doesn't really like laying in bed with us which is ok with us really. But sometimes I wish she'd snuggle more. Guess that's what I miss most about the baby stage.

Grand Central Station
I finally made it to Grand Central Station which was on my bucket list only because of the movie Madagascar. I know nothing else about this place which is sad because I'm sure it's an historical landmark with all sorts of cool stories.

Giant hammock at REI
We love walking around REI and daydreaming. Turns out, so does Abi!

Should I be concerned that she can't tell the difference yet between live humans and mannequins?
She especially loved the mannequins! Haha!

She loved the tent!
The fact that she enjoyed this tent so much gave us hope that she may be ready to try camping. Maybe. We have to get her to sleep by choice beside us first.

Perfect size!

Playing at the park in NJ while James helped paint for an eagle scout project

The end of an exhausting day
Haha! Abi tried so hard to stay awake for dinner. She just couldn't!

"Just... can't... eat... anymore..."

Friends from church gave her this puzzle and she couldn't be happier!
Some of our friends brought Abi this puzzle because they knew she loved Frozen and Abi could not be more grateful! She loved carrying this box around. She didn't really understand or care that it was a puzzle though she will someday.

We had to put it together right away!
I did try to show her that it was a puzzle and teach her how fun they can be because I love puzzles and I need a puzzle partner - someday. Not now. She's no help right now. :)

This girl can find anything with Frozen marketing at the store

Apparently I have one giant mouse who helps me grocery shop and really loves Frozen.... hm...
The cereal boxes didn't even make it home from the store in one piece. Oh, the love!

Me and a fake cow at the NJ State Fair
I volunteered to help with our church-sponsored booth at the NJ State Fair one evening. It was a ton of fun and a little nerve wracking. It's always hard to sell something but even harder when it means so much personally. We weren't "selling" the church. Actually, we were advertising the church's free Family History resources which I am super passionate about! I have been working on mine lately and even though I thought it was "all done," I have found 63 new people this last year! That is exciting!

Water table fun
Abi loving her gift from Grammy still!

We love being outside

NYC street fair
James and I went to NYC to see a Broadway play, eat tapas and walk the streets. We happened upon this street fair. So exciting to see so many people and booths but I have wonder if the people who live and work on this street ever get super frustrated with having their streets shut down... Not sure I could live here for very long.

Spanish Tapas for our anniversary

Petco is the coolest place when you're two
We had a little extra time one Saturday while out shopping so we went to Petco so Abi could see the animals. It was her first time to a pet store and she had such a great time!

She loved the fish

And the lizards... haha!

She actually really does love lizards

Please, daddy? Can I have one?

Watching TV with your blankie is the best
Abi gets so excited to watch Frozen or Tangled and runs to get her blanket and sits on the couch and waits to be tucked in. Then she laughs hysterically like this is the coolest thing ever and we're totally spoiling her. It's really fun to do things for people when that's how they act. Talk about gratitude! You can't say no!

Her new swimsuit
I'm not real sure she actually likes the sleeves on this suit because they are pretty long. But I wanted her to have something a little warmer for swimming during the winter since we have a membership to a local gym with a pool. We'll see if she "warms up" to it. Haha! I'm so funny.

Trying osmosis at storytime
We like to go to Barnes and Noble's story time. Correction: I like to go, Abi tolerates it. She loves the store and the books but doesn't like sitting and paying attention for story time which is why I think it's important to go. :) We'll work on it. This is her laying on a book because apparently she was tired?

Ready to check out with her new books
We did end up buying some Frozen books this time so she'd have some books she loves to keep in the car. She was so happy walking out with those!

All scrunched up at the end of the bed

One World Trade Tower
It's an intimidating building, isn't it?

Asian ice cream rolls
I can't remember which Asian country these represent but they're so good! You stand in line forever and get to watch them make yours but the end result is worth it.

Pretty, huh?

A TRUCK!!!
Abi is really into yelling a semi-distinguishable word that sounds like "duck" when she sees a truck or semi or bus. They're all the same. Well, while we were in Flushing hunting down some good Chinese food, Abi found this truck and could hardly contain her excitement to be this close to a truck! I even let her touch it and she about died of happiness. It's funny to me that she's so excited about this truck and doesn't realize how excited she SHOULD be about what's INSIDE the truck. Oh well. I'm ok with appreciating the little things and stretching out the good things in life. Someday she'll learn the difference between a moving truck or a electrical repair truck and an ICE CREAM truck. Crazy girl!

Park in Flushing (the new Chinatown)

She didn't mind being the only white girl

NYC skyline from NJ shore
This always takes my breath away. So many mixed emotions of awe, beauty, disbelief, anxiety, and love. NYC really is a unique piece of the world.

No comments: