"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Fourth Annual Hobbit Party - that's right!

This year marked our fourth year throwing a Hobbit party in September to celebrate Bilbo and Frodo Baggins' birthdays. Each time, I think of all our wonderful friends and the great memories we've made doing something that is just for the sake of fun and tradition. We are so glad to find such great friends everywhere we live!

I was a little daunted this year with the party preparations and wasn't sure I was up to it, but James convinced me it was worth it and he was right! And I had a TON of fun learning to bake an amazing cake! Now I have several new things on my kitchen wish list. :)

The round door

Guests of honor

It's fun to decorate at this park because it is a popular spot for people who want to walk for exercise so we get lots of interesting looks and comments as we wait for everyone to arrive. Sometimes we even get fellow middle-earth fans.
Party decorations at the park

I love having a pinata! Some year, we're going to have a kid pinata and an adult pinata! I need ideas on what to stock the adult pinata with...
Pinata Smaug that must be slain

This cake was almost eaten multiple times before its actual execution date. I think it's a compliment to how tasty it appeared. By the time we ate it, it had several different toddler-sized finger marks. :) Or we could say that we had several toddler-sized taste testers at our party.
The cake at the party - with a few toddler-sized finger marks

We loved having so many people show up to socialize with us! Thanks everyone!
Party!

This was hilarious this year! The kids did a great job, but they definitely didn't agree with me on which tree was the largest tree in the park. Haha! Oh well.
The kids doing the scavenger hunt

We're looking forward to this again this year! (I have new cake skills I'm excited to strengthen!)

No comments: