"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Labor Day tour of our neighborhood

Playing old fashioned games
We decided to spend Labor Day doing local things since it seems that no matter where we live, we never do the local things. So, we spent Friday afternoon walking to the birth place of President Grover Cleveland. It was a cute little house very similar to the church history sites we are familiar with so the parts dedicated to what life was like then was not new. There was one room dedicated to the person Grover Cleveland and that room was very interesting. However, it's hard to do much thoughtful touring these days with a toddler who wants to throw her toy or drink around the room and drop them on the original hardwood flooring, so we took turns touring and watching Abi outside. She enjoyed trying some old fashioned games. :)


James was actually pretty good at this
So, this ring running thing is REALLY hard! You have to run fast to keep the ring rolling and turns out I'm not as fit as I thought. Haha!

In front of Grover Cleveland's birth home

I actually really want to read this
This was a book they sold there which is a reprint of one that apparently Grover Cleveland's mother used. The Home and Family Living Major in me is dying to read it! How fun it would be to see what was important to mothers 100+ years ago and compare to today. I'm a nerd basically is what I'm trying to say.

Kisses
Abi loves walking on the ledges of fences and yards so we strolled along and let her set the pace while we walked home. She loved these lions!

Eyes!

Lion!

Loves!

Adorable, happy girl
What a great way to spend a Friday afternoon together! No hurry, no stress, no cost, just fun.

No comments: