"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, February 7, 2016

The prodigal lizard, Juli's birthday, apple picking and other October memories


One of Abi's favorite toys went missing for months. Ok, maybe just weeks but it felt like months. She has this silly, stretchy, purple lizard from the dollar section in Target that she loves! I love it because I have tested its ability to stretch without breaking and so far, it has passed the test. Well, it went missing for so long that we bought new ones that weren't nearly as cool because they didn't have little spikies on their backs. Remember, this girl loves extra sensory input. So, we started October off with cleaning my closet to get ready for winter and there was the lizard! Right in the pile of my shoes! Abi could not have been happier! She was, in fact, quite elated.


Sometimes, watching TV is so relaxing, you just fall asleep.


Abi used to have a cute pink owl piggy bank in her room and we felt we had done a fantastic job teaching our daughter to save her pennies. Every time we received change in coins, we gave them to Abi and helped her put them in her piggy bank - great life lessons, right? Sadly, one day all our efforts were nulled. From downstairs, I heard that Abi was awake in her room but I was not in a hurry to get her up until suddenly I heard a noise that sounded like something heavy had fallen. We've been on high alert since Abi had been close to climbing out of her crib, so I ran upstairs thinking she'd fallen out and was probably injured. Nope. Not her. Just the poor owl. This is how I found her and the room... I actually love this picture and want to frame it and put it in her room. Haha!

These next two pictures are funny to me. Abi really won't smile at the camera unless she can see herself so I guess we're taking selfies the rest of our lives. Also, notice her tongue? Both these pictures were taken the same day but hours apart. Something must be happening inside her mouth that she can't tell us about.



Right at the end of September, we took in a foreign exchange student from Brazil named Juli. Her initial placement here in the U.S. did not work out and she needed an urgent replacement so we volunteered! Her birthday turned out to be just a few days later, so we celebrated! We didn't get pictures of the humans at the party but don't worry. She will make an appearance on this blog later. :)


Abi is into stickers lately and thinks they go on her face, or tummy, or hands. Whatever. It is hilarious when she forgets they're there and wears them around all day.

Poor James Harper. His shoe horn broke. If anyone wants to know what James needs for his birthday, here you go. :)

Love these bright, happy eyes!

This is a fantastic new recipe I snagged off of Facebook and I LOVE it because it's a great option for a food storage meal since it comes completely from cans and one seasoning packet. Here's the recipe.
Sometimes food demands to be photographed

This was a fun day where a bunch of moms from church and their toddlers went to an apple orchard to pick apples. Super fun! Abi loves apples right now so this was great for us both to be out in the sun enjoying the yummy fruit.
"Hold you?"

Chipmunk cheeks!




No comments: