"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Labor Day zoo trip

James and I took Abi to the local zoo on Saturday. And she LOVED IT! And we LOVED that she loved it! We have been back multiple times since, so get ready for a LOT of zoo pictures.
She couldn't get over this giraffe!

This rooster has never had a bigger fan
The rooster is one of Abi's favorite animals right now. Hearing her say "cock-a-doodle-doo" is absolutely adorable! She has fallen in love with this rooster! She kept putting her fingers through the chicken wire despite our warnings that he'd bite her. But she did, and he did. And she looked shocked for a few minutes and decided to leave him some space for a while.

Abi has no fear
So we left the rooster and checked out the goats.

Feeding the goats
They sell feed for the goats that looks like dog food so we got a handful for 50 cents and I gave one to Abi to feed the goats and before I could stop her, she popped it in her own mouth. Augh! So, I quickly showed her how to feed it to the goats and then we couldn't slow her down. She giggled and giggled after each piece of food disappeared. I think the goat's tongue tickled her fingers. Haha!

One of my favorite pictures ever!


This video is the second handful after the giggling subsided. I wish we got the giggles on video, but this video is still adorable.

Abi cannot get enough of this rooster
I'm ok with my daughter learning from small manageable failures now so she doesn't have to learn from huge issues later. So, Abi apparently forgot that the rooster bites because after we finished with the goats, she went right back to the rooster cage and stuck her fingers through. I warned her once and then let her choose. She stuck her fingers in and the rooster pecked and all the other parents around us freaked out. Haha! They all gasped which was probably good because it scared Abi really well. She cried. I didn't regret letting her get bit but it was embarrassing that so many other parents were concerned. Oh well. Just wait for a future post where you'll see that Abi did indeed learn her lesson! Haha!


My little elephant baby!
Sometimes I am overwhelmed with the joy that Abi brings me. I have joked about an elephants' gestation period being 22 months and how I can empathize with that long wait, but I seriously think about this often and am so grateful to have my baby elephant!

Best Labor Day Saturday EVER!!

No comments: