"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Abi's quirky personality

This post is just a time capsule of Abi's personality in September. She's hilarious these days!

Knitted blankets have become quite valuable as you can actually see through them. This is important because Abi has decided that she loves wearing her blankets on her head and dancing or walking around.
Abi loves enclosed spaces

Per suggestion from Abi's OT, we now do lots of movement activities before bed time to help her calm down. Not sure it's working but we're trying a dance party! :)
Dance party before bed

So, remember in August Abi learned to climb out of her pack and play. The crib is still an adequate container for now, but Abi makes sure we know she's thinking about climbing out each time we put her in. It's almost a threat.
She's SO close to climbing out! Yikes!

Ok, this is a great series of pictures here. One day in late September, Abi decided she really wanted to sing "I Am A Child of God" which we usually sing as her last bedtime song. So, at her request, I would sing it to her periodically throughout the day. Well, as soon I as would start singing, she would lie on the floor. It was hilarious how quickly she reacted but also gave me some anxiety as we were in several different public places for this like the Urgent Care!!! Inside I was screaming, "Get off the floor! This is the grossest place you could lie on the floor except maybe the airport or a gas station bathroom..." But really, she had probably already licked the armchairs in the waiting room and eaten someone's old goldfish off the foyer floor, so why fight it? This is just the stage of life when you assume you will be sick for the next five years thanks to your toddler who will also be sick.
Lying on the floor at the urgent care

So here she is lying on her bedroom floor for the same song.
Lying on the floor before nap

And here again just before bed. I'm not sure what prompted her need to lie down when she heard this song except that it's her bedtime song. She never did it again. Just this one day. Weird kid. :) Haha!
Lying on the floor before bed

Abi seems to really understand when we're getting ready to leave the house and she runs around gathering her things she wants to take. I don't mind since she can only take an armful of stuff and she's pretty good about carrying it back in. But I'm not a fan of dragging blankets through the great outdoors so here she is, half-carrying/half-buried in her blanket on the way to the car in her pajamas. :)
Can't leave home without your favorite blankie

She's still in her PJ's because it was early in the morning and we were driving our new Brazilian foreign exchange student to high school. More about her later!
Happy little peanut

No comments: