"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

"F" Week - flowers, fish, finger paint, fireman

March 2018

I love well-manicured yards! I dream of being knowledgeable enough someday to know exactly what to plant here that will look amazing and natural and not die when the sun shines. In the meantime, we started with what I know, Pansies or maybe they're Petunias. Haha. Ok, I don't know much, turns out.
Our empty flower bed

But I took the kids to Home Depot and we picked out (cheap) flowers to plant in front of our house. It was "F" week in our home preschool and this seemed like a fun activity to celebrate F. We planted those purple flowers that start with P, whatever they are, and we planted Gladiola bulbs. It's March so I'm thinking we're barely hitting spring and bulbs are cheaper than plants so we'll do bulbs. Now that I'm writing this much later I can spoil this for you and tell you that Texas spring starts in January... or earlier. We planted way too late and these poor plants died prematurely in the hot sun. We didn't even get to enjoy the gladiola flowers. Lame. Now, someone needs to tell me how to take care of the bulbs over the winter so we can try again in January. Maybe in San Antonio, which has no winter, you just dig them up, give them kisses and replant them same day? I don't know! Help!
Planting flowers for "F" week

All done!

Reading together

F-F-Fish

I am so proud of this painting. Abi has not typically enjoyed coloring or creating at all. This is the first time she has created something from her head. I believe she said this was a mermaid. Such a big milestone for her! Yay, Abi!
Her first painting

Ok, I didn't even realize our house had a porch swing when we started the purchasing process. It is such an awesome bonus! We love it!
Enjoying our porch swing

There will be a month when no one in our family is sick. It may be years in the future, but it's there. And when it comes, we're all going to Disney!
Poor sick girl - again!

We need a better watering system... this one works well now, but when the flowers hit a growth spurt and get really thirsty, we're in trouble!
Watering the flowers

OK, so this caption is the MOST common thing I hear when I go in public with my children. I know! I know I have my hands full. Believe me, I know! I never know what the real message is behind that line, but there is one, I have no doubt. I don't even remember the story behind this picture sadly, but this is not an uncommon sight by the end of our grocery shopping trips so it bears being included in this historical record called my blog. Notice all three children in the picture...
"You have your hands full!"

Fishing game - love these game faces!

Reading with Daddy

Occasionally I get fun ideas and we really party! Hyrum and Audrianne really love to be included in our preschool time which is terrific and terrible at the same time. Haha! I love that they want to join us and love when they do, but it is also super hard to entertain all three at the same time in a focused way. This activity was perfect for all three - they had a blast! I mixed some flour, water and food coloring and made these "clean" finger painting bags for them. We wrote letters and walked little animals across making tracks. Eventually we mixed the colors together and made the rainbow. It was great!
Mom is so cool!

What a happy kid!

Feeling good outside

This was fun! Our church play group does a monthly field trip and March's was a tour of the local fire station. I learned some interesting things and now know we really need to replace our smoke detectors asap.
Tour of the fire station

I can't believe he can still pick them all up! Wow! What a strong dad! Haha!
Still winning the three-on-one

No comments: