"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Enjoying being stuck at home

January 2018

Dad is so loved

Abi is hilarious!

The great part about being sick as a family is that we all just sit around enjoying each other. I should probably mention that at this point, James was also unemployed. He did start his MBA at UT Austin so that was good news. But having no job was not good news. But again, all five of us, being sick together, snuggling, enjoying the moment... sick moment... Haha!
Snuggles with Hyrum

We did finally get the Christmas tree taken down. When we moved the shelf out from in front of it that was keeping the kids away, we discovered how mangled it really was on the bottom. Remember the earlier post when Abi fell off the shelf into the tree? I'm pretty sure Audrianne or Hyrum also got pushed off the shelf at some point as well. In any case, the tree has definitely looked better! We're in the market if anyone has a bigger tree to get rid of!
The mangled tree


When we were in NJ, Abi was receiving some services through the local preschool. When we moved to Texas, they admitted her for a couple months based on NJ's assessments but when they did their own in October, they decided she no longer qualified for any services. Crazies. Whatever. We're doing our own pre-school now to keep her classroom skills sharp for next year.
Starting our at-home preschool

They all fit!

Happy babies!

Selfie with Audrianne

Audrianne defending her castle


These are some of my favorite pictures! They say so much!
Hyrum getting into trouble

And he knows it!


While I've been sick so much this winter, I've really craved baked goods and expecially warm breakfasts. I found an awesome blog about the "Eight breakfast foods you should know how to bake" and I'm planning to perfect them all! Here is an apple variation of my delicious cherry bars and some craisin-pumpkin-chip muffins. Yum!
Perfecting my baking


This was so much fun! And a little silly. I bought these skates at a garage sale for Abi as a Christmas present but didn't realize they were missing an essential strap. Bummer. So not really going to work. But she loved holding the stroller and rolling along with us. Haha! Good memory!
"Strolling" around the neighborhood

No comments: