"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Part 2 of "James Is The Coolest Dad "

March 2018

Continuing on this love note to James, here is how the next week went:

But first, a picture of our kids eating because it will never be this easy again to feed them in public! At least not for about a decade or two...
Audrianne

Hyrum

And one of Abi and her beautiful eyes!
Abi

Ok, back to our wonderful hubby and dad! James and I are dying to go camping with our family but we know we need to ease them into it so he's decided to do some back yard camping with Abi. Because he's that cool!
Setting up the tent

Helping build a tent

Love these pictures
Can you see the gratitude and excitement in their faces?
Love these pictures

Loading the tent

While James and Abi set up the tent and I took pictures, Hyrum ate dirt. Yep. There we go! Check that milestone off the list!
Eating dirt

Sleeping in the tent with Dad

Not sure they got much sleep

Snug as bugs in a rug
Haha, so they didn't get much sleep, but they both absolutely loved it! A smashing success!


THEN, this amazing father got up the next morning (on not much sleep) and took Abigail to Sea World. She had never been and didn't know the treat that awaited her. She has always been drawn to roller coasters and has been asking to ride one since we drove by Six Flags a few months ago. Well, today was the day!
Day out with Daddy

She's tall enough!

James said she was naively excited and happy the whole way up that first incline and that all changed as they started down the hill. Haha!
Before the ride

Excited to go

She was pretty scared as they flew down the hill and grabbed James's arm very tightly. But in the end, she enjoyed it enough to go several times. She loved getting wet of course so it was a winner!
After the ride!

On the carousel

While James and Abi were at Sea World, Hyrum and Audrianne stayed to clean the house with me. Hyrum played Peek-a-boo in the castle while I swept the floor. How adorable is this kid?!
There he is!

These kids love their daddy. They all run to hug him when he gets home and that makes him feel like a million bucks. So glad we have him in our lives!
Greeting Dad at the car

No comments: