"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, August 20, 2018

Daddy/kid date, traditions, preschool and our new pet

February 2018

Since James has been home the last few weeks, I've taken advantage and requested a couple daddy/kid dates so I can have time at home to get things done - like my blog! Haha! One of those trips, James took the kids to the Doseum which is a kids museum here in San Antonio. The kids loved it! I think they mostly just loved being with their daddy and I loved having time to finish a few projects of my own.
Hyrum and Audrianne at the Do-seum

Drive-through shopping

Abi surfing like a natural

Their birth states

Shopping in the cart with Dad


Here's a favorite tradition we have and Abigail is FINALLY old enough to enjoy it with us! Our Hibernation Day movie night! Haha! We are pretty cool, I know. We wear our pajamas, eat finger food (groundhog themed is preferable), watch a movie and generally hibernate. :) She thought it was so much fun!
Happy Groundhog's Day!

Turns out we've never taught Abi how to eat "family style" so she thought we just all got to pick a plate. Well, I had four plates: a cheese and cracker plate, veggie plate, fruit plate, and dessert plate. So guess which one Abi picked to be hers??? Haha! It took a lot of convincing to get her to let it go and share with us. We ended up needing to get individual plates because she just didn't understand the serving plate process. Maybe next year...
Hugging the dessert plate


We do a little preschool on Sunday mornings before our afternoon church time. This time, I had Abi use rubber stamps to make her bingo card and then all three played Bingo together. It was fun to have James join us!
Playing Letter Bingo


Apparently there is a tradition in Korea (maybe?) where on their child's first birthday, they offer them specific objects and see which one they choose first and it will predict their future career. Well, we intended to do this on the twins' first birthdays but they were sick and then life happened so here we are on their almost 16-month birthdays so it might be a flawed prediction but we tried it anyway. Haha! We'll see in 20 years how accurate this experiment is.
Our Korean tradition

He's so excited

Will he be a writer? An editor? A pencil manufacturer? Haha... j/k
He chooses the pencil!

She almost goes for the glasses....

Another starving artist in the family! Hehe
But chooses the paints instead


Behold, our new pet! Joke. But really, am I raising hamsters??
I am raising a hamster...


A fun part of being a twin mom is seeing the subtle differences in the personalities of my children. Audrianne is my child who is most prone to cleaning up and bringing order to her environment. It's sweet to see.
She loves things to be in their place


Before we start our daily preschool activities, Abigail and I sing the ABC's as she points to each one. After each activity, she gets to put a sticker on the letter that matches our activity. She's loving it and I'm loving the tangible satisfaction of my daily efforts.
Our new pre-school routine

"A" is for Abigail the astronaut


Hyrum still receives some therapy for physical delays and this is the end result of his Occupational Therapy. Not sure he figured out the spoon but he sure enjoyed the opportunity to try!
Love that chocolate pudding!

Seriously messy twins

Tickle fight with Dad

No comments: