February 2018
Look at this kid stand up and play! So good for his development!
 |
| Hyrum standing to play |
 |
| He'd rather read... |
 |
| What dad's live for |
We got out to the Riverwalk without kids! The world is seriously different with kids versus without kids (we learned this in NYC which is REALLY different with and without kids). Both kid-filled and kid-less worlds are good obviously and experiencing both worlds is needed for a full and balanced life. I'm sure of it.
 |
| Night out for us |
 |
| Home-pre-school projects |
This was hilarious! Abi and I made cookies for "C" week and we ate them with lunch. Before I got to eat mine, Abi asked for a bite because she had already eaten hers. So I gave her a small piece. Then she asked for more and before I could respond she grabbed the cookie to break it in two. She ate half and looked at the other half and broke it in two again... and again... and my cookie slowly disappeared. Pretty soon, I was asking desperately where MY piece was. She would look at the piece left thoughtfully then break it and show me my piece, then break it again... Finally she put this piece back on my plate for me exclaiming, "We shared, Mom!"
 |
| C is for Mommy's cookie... |
 |
| Enjoying the fruits of her labors |
While trying to quickly slice bread before our dinner guests arrived, I sliced my thumb off as well. OUCH! This was entertaining and sore for about a week.
 |
| This hurt |
 |
| Enjoying our backyard |
 |
| He really does love to read |
One day, Abi had to fold the wash clothes before she could watch TV. Well I got tired of waiting for her and went upstairs leaving her to finish when she wanted. Two minutes later she ran upstairs to announce she was finished and could she now please watch TV? I suggested we go check to which she said, "No, Mom, don't check!" Haha! There's a convincing statement. This is what I found. She learned a tough lesson this day. Took hours to fold about twelve wash clothes. Heard my parents' voices in my head the whole time and loved feeling like I was a good parent even though Abi was crying most of the day. Haha! She'll thank me later when she's hearing my voice in her head in her adult life.
 |
| These are "folded" |
I have saved hundreds of caps off of the baby food pouches because I'm insane, I guess? Anyway, we found a use for them! Haha! The kids had a great time and they were super easy to clean up! Audrianne and Abigail spent the time filling the bowls and Hyrum went around dumping them out. There were no fights... as I'm sure you can imagine.
 |
| Entertaining indoors |
No comments:
Post a Comment