February 2018
Audrianne is doing so well with walking!
 |
| Toddling around! |
We LOVE going to the zoo! And the hippo house is Hyrum's and Audrianne's favorite place because I actually let them get out and crawl around there. And who doesn't love a giant fish tank?
 |
| He LOVES the hippo tank |
 |
| Proud of this girl! Hehe... |
This photo is classic! It's just a silly photo until you hear the backstory. James and Abi were playing hide and seek in the backyard and this is where Abi chose to hide. Haha! Oh, to live in a kid's reality again!
 |
| Can you see her? |
It's so good that James plays risky games with our kids and teaches them those behaviors needed to take important risks in life. I love him for that!
 |
| Why every kid needs a dad |
We eat a lot of breakfast for dinner lately because it's cheap and fun! Abi is getting really good at making pancakes and cracking eggs! And Hyrum and Audrianne love to feel involved and watch the chaos and action.
 |
| Breakfast for dinner |
 |
| Using cups! |
My first homemade blueberry muffins. They were really good! Not as good as that one I had at a Marriott hotel whose memory will ruin all future blueberry muffins, but still good.
 |
| Baking blueberry muffins |
So, I love that Abi is just sitting nicely reading a book. But I also love this picture because it shows the pile of laundry on the couch that was there for so many weeks in a row that it became a fixture. I didn't realize this had happened until the day after I finally folded them all and put them all away; Abi came down in the morning, walked to the couch and said, "Mom, there's room!" and sat down all happy and contented. Oh, brother! Haha! It's just a stage... It's just a stage... It's just a stage... My life will be organized again, eventually!
 |
| Such a sweet reader |
Everyone keeps telling us we need a dog to keep the kitchen floor cleaned after the kids throw their food everywhere EVERY meal. And I think that sounds like the worst idea ever because all I need is another child that never grows up and leaves the nest. No, thank you! Plus, my kids eat the food off the floor between meals, so... problem solved. In fact, they may be plotting that in the high chair. Who am I to spoil their carefully laid plans?
 |
| Who needs a dog when you have toddlers? |
I thought while we were waiting for our twins to be born that we would not get two of every toy, just a larger variety and they could share and enjoy the bonus of extra toys. No, not so. That's the dumbest idea any parent ever had and proves that I only had one child while I was contemplating that parenting theory. Turns out, each child wants their own version of exactly the same toy. So while these kids are happy with these cars, we do absolutely need two of them and actually, three. Because poor Abi feels so left out not having something to ride on. I did finally show her how fun it is to bounce around on her donkey while they drive their cars and then they all have something on which to do laps around the house. That works. But yeah, the original theory doesn't work. Don't be tempted. Two of everything is where it's at!
 |
| Their new favorite toys |
 |
| Enjoying the 70 degree weather |
There are so many things that are fun and unique to raising twins and this is one - watching them play, make each other laugh and even pass food back and forth. So sweet!
 |
| My favorite part of twins right here |
No comments:
Post a Comment