"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Entertaining the masses

December 2017

It can be difficult to keep six young children and eight adults entertained for a long, cold week, but I think you'll agree that we succeeded pretty well!

The grandkids spent much time in the shop with Granddad cracking peanuts open with hammers, eating snacks and soda, and vacuuming sawdust. More pictures of this to follow!
In the shop with Granddad drinking soda

Jake was a super fun uncle and took the kids to the gym multiple times to play. This was SO nice because they had loads of energy they needed to get out!
Playing in the gym with cousins

James pulling cousins

We tried to take family pictures in the school library with a green screen but while we all got things set up, Hyrum and Audrianne made themselves at home. They LOVE books so this was literally heaven to them. It took Katie and I quite a while to re-alphabetize these books. Haha! She was kind enough to help me.
Their happy place

Of course we played loads of board games...
Grammy and Jenny playing with Abi

...and put together a freakishly difficult puzzle provided by Jenny.
Finally got the puzzle done!

More shop adventures.
Vacuuming the shop

Cleaning the shop

We only had one high chair with a tray so what do you do but shove them together and let them share! They actually loved it so it worked well! :)
How to twin on vacation

Pulling her toy

Pulling her cousin

Uncle Jake teaching his niece to pump weights

Uncle Jake teaching his niece to pump weights

Cute cousins

The adult kids received the best Christmas present ever, although it is closely rivaled by the 4 dozen cans of cream of chicken and cream of mushrooms soups. We were given a trip to Kansas City to a dinner theater while grandparents watched the kids. WHAT?!?!?! I want that every year!
Adult children's night out

Dinner Theater

Our view

The crew

The food is AMAZING!!! I ate so much! I was totally wishing I was nursing twins still so I could eat even more!
My dinner

Shane and Katie

Jake and Jenny

My dessert

More acrobatics

Playing baseball in the gym

Playing baseball in the gym

My kiddos love this bear!
Almost as big as the bear

Almost as big as the bear

New Year's Eve was spent playing games and laughing. This was a hilarious addition to the festivities!
Playing silly games on New Year's Eve

Playing silly games on New Year's Eve

No comments: