"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Tree

In my family growing up, we always had a Thanksgiving tree where every day in November we put something we were grateful for on a leaf and put it on the tree. James and I have continued that tradition. Every year of our four year marriage, I have made new leaves. This year, I got smarter and laminated them. And we got creative with the tree. James was the miracle worker that got the paper bags to stay up with sticky tack. I couldn't get it to work so thank goodness for James. :D By the way, James went to an office store to buy more sticky tack, and nobody knew what he was talking about. Apparently it's now called adhesive putty - I guess I have called it poster putty in the past, but... still... we're not so old that our vocabulary is becoming obsolete, are we?




And here's James writing in his journal. Fortunately, he is a very faithful writer in his journal. I'm a fair blogger... :)


And here it is full! 60 leaves. That's a lot of blessings and it's hardly all of them. There are countless blessings we could list on this tree.

4 comments:

Untypically Jia said...

This is adorable! I love it. Matt and I have something similar for Christmas. Last year we couldn't afford a Christmas tree, so I made one using scrapbook paper to construct individual leaves.

Now we write down blessings on the leaves (and the year) and continue adding to the tree.

Sarah said...

What a great idea!

Mary said...

That is a work of art! Amazing!

Meagan said...

I love that idea. It turned out super cute too!