"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Natural History Museum

James and I were invited to go the Natural History Museum with Jason and Mary's family. The museum picks different counties each month to give free entrance and November was our county's turn. So we went of course!

I love this picture because honestly, who looks scarier here - the dinosaur or Steve?

Here's James hatching some dinosaur eggs. This was a cool part where you could arrange the eggs in the nest into patterns. Apparently dinosaurs did this. And I guess, why not? It would get boring sitting on eggs all day so you'd have to do something to entertain yourself. I bet the dino-mothers who had more eggs were coveted simply because they had so many more options of patterns they could create.

Here I am with an OLD disc. Like even before floppy discs. This thing is huge! And I bet it holds like nothing compared to today's mini-SD cards. Crazy, eh?

Since we got in free, we spent money on a film. We saw a dinosaur movie and watched a long neck and a t-rex type animal grow up from babies. It was pretty cool! It was a giant IMAX type theater.


Here we are. Cute, huh? By the way, I wore my BYU shirt that day because I believe our football team was playing - maybe even playing UNM and therefore, I had to represent. Although, I was slightly nervous to wear that shirt to downtown Albuquerque.

No comments: