"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Aunt Sharon's Craft Show

My Aunt Sharon does a yearly craft show in her garage in Manassa, Colorado. Lots of people look forward to this each year because she does amazing crafts - especially flower arrangements! I'm amazed at her creativity and ability. This one was October 21-23 - just in case anyone might want to know about when it will be next year... :D

Here is my portion of the craft fair. She was super sweet to allow me to put my Heritage Makers in her fair. I helped her get some of her projects done the week before to repay her kindness. :D You can see in the background some ceramics that another family member makes and also put in the show.



My cousins Riley and Christopher sold their wares as well. :D

Here's a sample of the crafts that Sharon sold. This is maybe a fourth or fifth of all her crafts. Her garage/shop is very large and it was packed with crafts. Everything from flowers to tiles, wood blocks to quilts. You really had to walk around the place about four times before you felt you had seen enough to make a decision on what to buy. :D

One morning was really slow so Christi and I made a sign for Christopher to wear and then we dropped Riley and Christopher off on Main Street to walk to the grocery store and back. We had to bribe them to do it by giving them money to get a snack or two at the store. Haha! It was super windy too so it kept trying to flap up onto his face and he couldn't reach his nose so we about had laughing attacks when all of a sudden his nose itched. Too classic!

Here are some very creative ideas that Sharon and Terry had to create block stacks so that you can have several pictures printed with Heritage Makers and displayed in one spot. And they're pretty sturdy so I don't mind people touching and playing and twirling them. I love them!

No comments: