"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stuart's Wedding

We all drove to St. George to be at Stuart's wedding. James and I volunteered to take our nephew and niece with us on the drive hoping to help Jason and Mary since they'd only have the two youngest. Luckily Jason listens to the voice in his head, because before we left their house, they equipped us with some bags "just in case" since a 24-hour flu of sorts had been going through their house and the two kids we were taking hadn't had their turn yet. They weren't too worried about them getting sick but "just in case." Right? I think they knew... and they laughed as soon as we left.

Well, all details aside, it was an exciting car trip. Our poor niece was pretty miserable almost the whole trip. We got to experience only a few explosions and as soon as we got to Utah we put her to bed. Our niece was an amazing trooper. She felt better the next day and was able to dress up all cute in her special outfit made by her mother and grandmother for the pictures. James and I counted down days expecting to get sick ourselves and fortunately, we didn't get it. Our poor nephew did just in time for the ride home with his parents - not us. :D Mary says this goes in our adoption training log. I agree.

The two top kids are our nephew and niece. Even with all the sickness, it was a really fun trip. Our niece was hilarious! At one point she was feeling so super sick, but James and our nephew were talking about something they really liked (I can't remember what now) and she piped up with, "Then why don't you marry it?" HAHA! I couldn't believe she could feel so crumby and still have a humor. What an awesome girl!

No comments: