"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas Games 1

Everyone gathered Christmas Eve for games at Grandmary and Grandpa's. Here are pictures of a few. There are many more but I'm mostly posting the pictures that are of my immediate family. :D (Partly to spare the rest of you the embarrassment of our hilarious pictures. Haha!)

We started playing a Christmas trivia game that Tom and Tina brought. It was boys against girls and the girls won. Chocolate for the winners!

Here's the girls' team (and Jake for some reason):

And here's the boys' team (James was taking the picture):


And of course throughout the night we were interrupted by the ringing of bells. So here are a few pictures of everyone running to claim a number on the walls. Jenny took charge of drawing numbers this year and the prizes were great!



Then Grandmary provided the gift for this game that was expertly wrapped by several people with tape, newspaper, brown paper, and wrapping paper. The rules: there are two sets of dice that are rolled once per person each time they go around and then passed around the circle while one person wears kitchen oven mitts and tries to unwrap the gift. If the dice rolls a doubles then the person with mitts has to stop and pass the mitts and gift to the next person. The one who is actually able to fully unwrap the gift, gets to keep it. :D Fun, eh? Grandmary filled in all the holes with lots of chocolates so that everyone got to share the gift.



No comments: