"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, January 10, 2011

Gingerbreading

Jason and Mary have a yearly tradition of making gingerbread houses. Let me just pause here to praise their insanity. :D Basically about 10-12 people cram around the kitchen table and use icing and candy (both fairly sticky) and graham crackers (lots of crumbs) to make a delicate but darling creation. She's even good enough to feed us dinner first. So by the time we leave the sink is full of dishes, the floor full of crumbs and yet she still smiles. :D haha! Yep, they're insane, but I'm so grateful they open their home to this because it's a treasured memory every year.

I didn't prepare as well as I should have with my idea, but I thought an old fashioned gas station would be fun to try.


And here's Bradley's. He did a fantastic job working all by himself!

This is the creation of my niece and father-in-law. It's pretty much the mansion of our little village.

This is my nephew's. The marshmallow men out front are having a snowball fight.

Jason helped his 3-year-old to do this house. And it was totally my nephew's idea to put a doorbell. That seemed as natural and needed as the door itself to him.

Here is Adam's. He's always the fastest in any project we do as a family.

Here's Dale's. He actually came totally prepared with a floor plan and everything. Awesome, huh? I can't remember if it's supposed to be one house or not but it seems like an apartment complex to me, so our town is fairly complete! :D

1 comment:

Mary said...

You're right! I'm insane! Thanks for joining us in our insanity! And thanks for your help with the cleanup. Jason and I were grateful when we went to bed and grateful when we woke up to a clean table. It was heavenly! You are an angel.