"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Eve Shrimp Boil

For the second year running, Grandmary prepared the Shrimp Boil for Christmas Eve Dinner. It's delicious and minimal on dishes, and extremely fun to eat. Basically, it's carrots, corn, sausage, brussel sprouts, potatoes, shrimp, and lemons for flavor all boiled together with a spice packet and then drained and dumped on the table to be eaten with fingers. Soda is the drink of choice - again, no dishes.





The spice packet Grandmary used was really potent and made everyone in the kitchen cough and sneeze - hence Mom's face here. It was hilarious! When we tried the broth, it was SUPER spicy but fortunately, the food was not nearly so spicy.






Delicious looking, isn't it?




I love how hungry and excited we all look in the previous pictures and how full and exhausted we look in the next few.



1 comment:

Untypically Jia said...

This is awesome! I've been wanting to do one of these for years now but for some reason I've always been intimidated by it, LOL!