Hehe, this is what the temperature read when we got up this morning. Granted it wasn't set for 70 all night. We just barely turned that up but still - less than 60 when we got out of bed. And right now the heater (and the oven) have been going for about an hour or so and it's... about 63 now. So, I'm wearing three layers on top and socks and slippers and we had Malt-o-meal for breakfast (with ice cream) and we ran the laundry through the drier once more so that I could sit and fold nice warm clothes to keep warm. Ridiculous! :D Next on my survival list - hot cider. HMMM!
I'll let you know when it gets any higher than it did yesterday (65 tops).
2 comments:
Oh Heidi! I'm sorry. I hope that it starts getting warmer soon. BTW, I tried putting ice cream in our malt-o-meal and Derek nearly died. I'm not kidding. He absolutely refused to eat ice cream for breakfast and I am not allowed to give it to our children ever! (This was before we even had kids!:)) So, my question is, is this just a family thing? Or did James have ice cream in his malt-o-meal before he met you?
No, James had never heard of it so I think it's a family thing. But fortunately he loves it! This is good because I can't imagine eating it without ice cream - that would be gross. I mean, come on, wheat cereal?? And have you read the other optional toppings? Milk, sugar (already an ingredient anyway), butter, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and fruit. The only one that sounds remotely satisfying is the marshmallow idea but even then... I think I'll stick with ice cream because who doesn't want ice cream for breakfast? Truly it was the best surprise in the mornings growing up. We loved it! If you ever come visit, we'll have that for breakfast and then Derek can't say anything... haha!
Post a Comment