"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Little Miss Muffet...

knelt on her tuffet,
saying her morning prayers;
along came a spider
who knelt down beside her...
and bit her in the leg!

I wish I were joking and this was just a bunch of clever silliness.

But it's not.



Monday morning James and I knelt by the bed to say our morning family prayer and I knelt on a pile of blankets that were highly useful last week (remember the freezing posts?) and have since been kicked off.

Apparently, we're not the only ones who enjoy blankets because a minute or so after we finished, I was at the sink getting ready and my ankle began burning! I checked it out and there were four welts (two bigger, two smaller).

I showed James and we thought at first it must be hives because I was talking to my mom Sunday night about hives and wondered if they could travel through the phone...

So I put Cortisone cream on them and probably 1 minute later, one of the welts had turned into a blister and the rest were relaxing a little.

As the day went on the blister got bigger and the welts got smaller. This reminded me of when I was in high school and got bit by a brown recluse spider. That was exciting. It started as a blister too but eventually... hurt like crazy!

This hasn't been painful since the beginning. It's just there.

I thought maybe I should go to urgent care since it appears to be some sort of bug bite and I finally did when it seemed to be getting worse and spreading.

When I got to urgent care, they said it would be a three hour wait and frankly, I just did a 7 hour emergency room run two months ago and remembering how much fun that was, I decided I would most likely live and would be back if any new symptoms showed up. I can live with redness and blisters.

Well, it's now Wednesday and it's progressively gotten better so I haven't gone to urgent care.



It would be fun to know what bit me though... for now, I just have to imagine some horrible, awful, hairy, many legged creature that I have faced, and will eventually conquer - I hope.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

I HATE spiders with a passion! HATE THEM! I hope you find it and conquer it!

Alana Tolley said...

Just googled it for you. So long as you're not experiencing muscle pain/weakness, an intense inflammation around the blister, large skin losses (including considerable portions of the face--SICK), it's probably not a Brown Recluse. Those typically don't inhabit west of the Texas/New Mexico border.

Sorry, I tried to see what spider it might be, but when you combine "spider bite" with "blister" in the search box it just comes up with a host of Brown Recluse entries, which--judging from the above diagnostic information--it appears wasn't your culprit. Weird, but I think you'll be okay :)