I have decided that I have a semi-serious case of spring fever today. What are the symptoms? Well, I feel like I need an adventure. Or maybe several. If you have followed our blog at all, you'll see we had an exciting 2008 (China), a packed 2009 (a summer full of hiking, camping, graduating, roller-coastering, gardening adventures), a brand new 2010 (more graduating, careers, moving, adoption).
What's in store in 2011?
I thought during the holiday season that I was ready for completely predictable and boring life for a few months. I have changed my mind. I'd really like to pack up and go on a road trip. Or fly to Brazil...
Maybe I just need to start a new project... but I can't do that until I clean the house. Why is it that the house needs cleaned EVERY day? ...probably because I never got it finished the day before. Hm...
James and I are planning some mini-adventures this year. We plan to go at least once a month (as soon as it warms up a little more) on a weekend day trip - meaning we travel somewhere, camp overnight, explore the whole next day and get home late that night. I'm pretty excited about this since we have new sleeping bags that Dad gave us for Christmas (which we have tried out for fun in our house and they are quite nice - especially for James who didn't have much of a bag to begin with). Thanks, Dad!
If you're like us, you sit around dreaming of going to China, or Spain, or Brazil or wherever and you never actually see the areas closest to you. Sad, eh? So we have decided to overcome this silly flaw and see New Mexico while we're here. Anyone want to join us? We'll keep you up to date on those mini-adventures.
After all, they're the only adventures planned right now for 2011.
PS My bug bite is healing but slowly. Our 5-month old neighbor baby got a similar bite on her foot. Poor thing! We still don't know who the culprit is though...
1 comment:
You are more than welcome to take a trip out to Mississippi to visit us! It's not in New Mexico, but it would be a fun trip!
Post a Comment