"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Friday, February 11, 2011

Thus Ends the Reign of the Freezing House

I am officially declaring war against my house today.

About 10-ish days ago, maybe a little more, I had one of those rare occasions. You know, the kind where the amount of time, energy and motivation all cosmically align meaning you are super-productive and the house gets TONS of attention. Well, that was last Monday. I got the kitchen SO clean, I felt great for several days about that one.

Well, then this whole freezing temperatures gig started and my house decided to stay cold. I don't do cold - very well. You've seen my blog, it's been less than 65 for about 1o-ish days. Therefore, I haven't done a lot of housework. Why? Because it's very difficult to do housework while holding a heated up corn bag in one hand, or while wearing two sweaters and big pink panther slippers. And especially when the water is FREEZING! I considered not washing my hands anymore. Sad, eh?

Today I'm still freezing. But I can't take it anymore. I have decided it's time to move and create my own heat.

I have known this was a possibility the whole time of course. I learned this lesson once when I was very young and camping with my family, grandparents and cousins. I was freezing and complaining about freezing - because that makes it better - and Grandpa told me to go gather firewood and I'd get warm. Is he crazy?? Just what I want to do when I'm freezing and camping is leave my seat at the fireside.

Well he was right. I tried it and I got almost too warm for my coat as I remember it. So, I have considered the option of cleaning to keep warm this last week and so far I have denied it.

Not today. Last time I had a rare occasion of time, energy, and motivation I cleaned the fridge and discovered it was WAY overdue. Today already, I have washed the kitchen trash can and guess what? It was also overdue, although not nearly so bad.

As I cleaned I came to the conclusion that in ten days it's supposed to be high 50's here. And Phil the groundhog did not see his shadow and predicts an early spring.

Therefore, spring cleaning. House, here I come. It's over.

And thus ends the reign of the freezing dirty house!

...I'll let you know when I finish! Haha!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

You so sound like me. I've been thinking of the same thing. I like to sit in a sweater and get warm when I'm cold, but I also want to eat. Sitting and eating=cold+weight gain. Counter productive. Moving=warm+calories burned (that must be where the heat comes from eh?) Anyway, before I do my computer stuff (sitting required) I try to do 100 jumping jacks or something. It's funny how alike we can be. I especially agree w/the warm rice bag. Ha ha. I hope it warms up there soon!