"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Last remnants of October

This picture is just a cute snapshot of Abi's pigtails! And I guess her cute face she makes when she eats squeezies which are a huge lifesaver sometimes!
Adorable pigtails

Turns out this sister missionary is closely related to James! She said she was from Utah and her last name was James's grandparents' last name so they started talking about relatives and sure enough, she's probably a 2nd cousin. We didn't take the time to find out exactly how closely related but close enough that they personally knew their common grandparent! Fun, stuff!
Long lost cousin!

This is just a funny picture of how Abi does not like to lay in bed with us or take pictures really. She does not understand how to smile for the camera. Future her will think she had an unhappy childhood if we don't fix this smiling issue. :)
Stuck in the middle

Apparently, I'm to tired to function. I made banana bread and was SO excited about! But when I peeked into the oven at it, it seemed weird, like too bubbly. When it finished cooking, I pulled it out to realize that it was sitting in liquid. It had basically boiled instead of baked. There was so much liquid, I poured it out into the sink! I inspected the recipe to see what went wrong. I've made this recipe many, many times and did not understand until I realized that I had switched the amounts of butter and sugar. So, it was not sweet at all and really greasy. I threw it away. It was gross. Don't do this at home. It's super anti-climactic.
Not enough sleep to cook

One beautiful day, Abi and I needed to get outside, so I made a trail mix snack for us and we sat on the front porch to eat it. So fun! Glad we took time to do something different and memorable.
Fall trail mix

Enjoying the fall weather

Beautiful day!

I live just maybe 20 miles from NYC and the lifestyle here is still very influenced by the city and big city life. However, I also live in the country apparently because these turkeys are everywhere! So are the deer! It's nuts!
They were right there!

Abi and I got to use our Mother's Day aprons that James got us. :) Mine says "A Mother of Mothers" and Abi's says "Mother in Training."
Mother's Day aprons

No comments: