"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Thanksgiving in Kansas

We were so excited to spend two weeks in Kansas over the Thanksgiving holiday! We loved it! Here are some highlights...

Abi just keeps growing. She started chewing on her fingers and showing other signs of teething! I thought she was done until she was 6, but alas, I forgot about 2-year-old molars. Good thing Granddad had lots of suckers for her to chew on.
Teething again?!

Grammy has such great books that she loves to read to the grandkids. It doesn't get much better than this! I do love Abi's face though...
Great moment with grandparents

Uncle Shane brought a remote control car to play with. It scared Abi to death and yet she was extremely interested in it.
HONK!

Shane is so good to be so kind and interested in Abi! We feel pretty lucky to have him in our family!
Fun with the boys

And Granddad never fails to smoke some awesome meat while we're in town! That's right, we're spoiled!
Yay for smoked meat

This is a fun little pond that scares me to death with Abi on the loose. She has absolutely zero fear of water and is actually quite drawn to it. Maybe by summer 2016 she'll be big enough I won't worry about her falling in. In fact, I should probably plan on it.
A pond is like Abi's dream come true

These kids are adorable playing together, especially when you add Chewy to the mix.
but aren't they cute?

Daphney ate a sucker that changes your mouth colors and she wanted to see her tongue, so I took her picture for her. She found it hilarious!
Blue-tongued-selfie

I love our traditional Thanksgiving menu! And I'm so glad mom has taught me how to make it all from scratch! That's right! Thanksgiving is genuine at this house! (Now if only I could remember it from year to year...)
Thanksgiving spread

So, kudos to whoever can tell me what is missing from the plate? I filled my plate wondered why there was space left on it, but couldn't figure it out until mom suddenly realized we forgot to cook one thing that was completely prepared but still in the fridge waiting to go in the oven. Saddest day ever! ;)
Why is there room on this plate?

These are cute! Someday I'll make some for myself.
Adorable place setting

Abi didn't quite trust this chair at first, but she eventually loved it.
Learning to use this chair

This cracks me up because it looks like so much fun and so much work at the same time! Haha!
Coolest Granddad ever!

Too bad there's not more snow to make this easier

The sled ride was to the neighbor's house to see the puppies. This is the glory of living in a small town with lots of space. Gardens, puppies, kittens, ponds, sleigh rides...
Puppies!

Turns out Abi loves this games! Too bad she also loves freaking us all out by pretending to eat the marbles! She would bring them to her mouth and wait for someone to react before pulling it back. Gr! Why does she like pushing our buttons??
New found love in marble tracks

Abi finally learned how to sit in this chair and loved it!
Mastered the chair

No comments: