"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Eating Brazilian and meeting famous people

Abi, Juli and I went to NYC one day in November. I honestly don't remember why we went (except just to hang out in NYC) or why James wasn't with us. Guess that's why I should not get so far behind in my blogging.

Well, while walking along the Times Square area, we passed a police horse and the cop was so nice to let us walk right up and pet the horse. I got Abi out of her stroller so she could get up close to the horse and pet his nose and she LOVED it! She giggled and giggled! It was basically an early Christmas.
"Horse!"

While Juli shopped, we stood by the front window and people watched all the crazy people in Times Square. After a few minutes, I looked down to notice Abi was making friends. She's always liked mannequins for some reason. I actually have probably two dozen pictures of her fraternizing with mannequins. Someday, I'll make a montage.
When your world is only from the waist down...

...maybe you don't realize the mannequins don't have heads.

We found a restaurant on Little Brazil Street, Juli ordered in Portuguese and we ate well! The food was absolutely delicious!
Brazilian food!

For our main entertainment, we went to Madame Tussaud's wax museum and met all sorts of famous people. I guess I can understand Abi's fascination with Mannequins now...

When I saw Dorothy, I had to take a picture! Wow, she was short!
How could I not?

I am a little embarrassed to admit how giddy I was walking into this scene to have my picture taken with Lucille Ball. I even had little butterflies in my stomach. Ridiculous, I know. But seriously, she has brightened up my life and I love her for it!
My favorite actress

Another Kansas representative! Amelia Earhart
Shout out to Kansas

I have so much respect for Helen Keller. Her life just fascinates me!
One of my favorite people

Thanks to James, I know who this is. Too bad the picture is a little fuzzy.
This one's for James

Abi didn't understand this museum at all but we had fun anyway. :)
Smash!!

The museum ended with a 4D Marvel Movie. Turns out Abi is not ready for theaters, but we had fun anyway.
4D movie

No comments: