"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sacred Grove and church history tour

The highlight of the whole adventure was going to Palmyra and all the church history sites. The Palmyra Temple and the Sacred Grove were both lovely! This temple is the only one in the world to have a clear glass window in it with a view to the outside world. From that window, you see right into the Sacred Grove. I think that testifies to the significance of the location where God and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith to answer his simple prayer of what church to join. I loved walking the grounds and feeling the sacred peace there. If you are not familiar with this historical event, please click here for more information.

These are the fences the Smith family would have built.



Poor tired Abi

She was so out! She didn't even twitch while James made his lunch on her tummy.

We were all tired!

Hill Cumorah Monument

Peter Whitmer Home

Peter Whitmer Home

Peter Whitmer Home

Does anyone know what the tool in the corner is for? I'm so intrigued by it.

The room where The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized. How cool!

No comments: