"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Happy New Mexican Birthday to Abi and Heidi

Happy Birthday to Abi! What a great day! And what a first year! I'll do a separate post summing up her first year. This post is of our awesome birthday party thrown by Abi's New Mexican cousins.

And here they are!

Here's the rest of them! Except for Mary because, of course, she's slaving away in the kitchen. :)

Fishy face!

Funny face!

Basically, I love these kids!

The party started with this fun tradition Jason and Mary taught us. You present your child on her first birthday with a variety of objects each representing some sort of vocation, and the first object your child chooses is a prediction for her future career. So, what did Abi choose?



Abi was super impressed with her present.
I just love the faces she is making in these pictures!
Like most kids, she'd probably be perfectly happy with a wrapped empty box.
But she loved what was inside just as much.

Abi's cousin, L, made her a layered, dairy-free cake using her easy-bake oven. Isn't that awesome?! That's love I tell you!

Are you ready for the traditional cake smash?!?!

Cake smash! Yessss....!



Photo bombing. :) (with permission)

Birthday girls

Scrunchy noses

And my favorite cake - ice cream cake! It's homemade, too!

I think the cake smash is over...

You can tell from Abi's face now that this was a tiring but, oh, so fun party! Thanks Jason and Mary and kids for always making our memories with you so precious!


No comments: