"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Erie Canal Locks

We stopped along the way to take the largest underground man-made boat ride in a cave. It's basically a water system used to run mills along the Erie Canal. Talk about history! Sheesh! I'll never feel like I have learned all there is to know here in the north-east. This picture is cool because it shows the modern locks on the left side and the old locks that are being restored on the right side. I'm glad they are preserving half of the original for history's sake.



Old wooden lock doors they are restoring

full of water

low-water

No comments: