| Jello Factory |
| The Jello Girl |
We went to Upper New York for a few days. While James worked (again), B and I checked out the Jello Factory on our way to Buffalo to see a Naval Museum.
| I love this poster, and I think my mom would, too. |
We went to this Naval shipyard mostly because I knew James's brother B would enjoy it. I probably wouldn't have picked it on my own, but after seeing it, I totally want to go back and show James. It was really neat! They have a submarine, a destroyer and an aircraft carrier all tethered together. Then they painted a yellow line with numbers and arrows so you can take a self-guided tour through. Because they are ships with ladders and stairs they are not stroller friendly and I forgot the carrier, but fortunately, they let me carry Abi through the tour. Great!!! Not! Haha! It was two hours and about 4 million stairs (and ladders) of a tour and this picture is of that hump moment where your arms are so tired you can hardly hold on any more but then they get numb and you could go forever. :)
I was actually very grateful and satisfied with their faith in my ability to carry Abi up and down ladders. The USS Constitution in Boston wouldn't let us take Abi down the ladder with us unless we had a carrier so we had to go one at a time to the lower decks. These Buffalo people were nicer.
Here's a view of all three vessels. I'm standing on the Submarine looking at the other two. Very fun! I recommend it - with a carrier. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment