"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Niagara Falls and tank climbing

Wow! This was such a fun experience! This is basically the best view you get from American soil, so we took the boat ride out into the water to see the full view of the falls. It was so worth it! It's a short 15 minute ride but you just can't appreciate the enormity of the falls from the ground.

They gave Abi a child-sized poncho to wear. Haha! She was so slippery in it! Despite being a fairly safe activity, I was a little scared. Or maybe I just had a huge amount of respect for Nature at that moment.

All of us afterward. This is just before Abi did a nose dive out of her stroller where her face broke her fall to the pavement. Ouch! That was my first time as a mother that I was sincerely worried for my child's physical well-being. She acted like she'd gotten a concussion and so we hurried back to the main park to find a medical park ranger to check her out. I was doing great until the ranger said she would be fine and then tears started leaking out of my eyeballs without my consent and made me angry because then all the rangers and James were focusing on me and trying to console "the momma" when really, I was fine. Just relieved that she wasn't permanently broken. It was a stressful end to our adventure.

We found this tank outside a government building as we left Niagara Falls and B said he had never climbed a tank so of course we had to stop to climb a tank because that's an essential childhood experience I think.



No comments: