"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, November 8, 2014

24th of July, the best holiday in the year

Every year on the 24th of July, Mormons around the world celebrate! Why? Because this is the day that Brigham Young and his first group of pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley and ended their cross country trek to religious freedom. That's something to celebrate!

The celebration activities differ with location. Salt Lake City always has a ginormous celebration with a Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert that this year included the Frozen star who voiced Hans. You can probably see some of the video clips of that concert on Youtube. In Colorado where my grandparents live, they have several parades, a carnival, dance, food stands, pageant, races, rodeo, fireworks, and even motocross competitions. It's a huge event!

I didn't get pics of the parade this year. I think I was too busy containing my 1-year old - say what?? - and teaching her how to chase the candy. But the whole event was so much fun as always!

Abi LOVES being tossed in the air!


Abi's big birthday accomplishment was discovering she could suck on her toes. Yum, yum!



No comments: