"Your skirt is lovely! Is it homemade?"
VS.
"Your skirt is lovely! Is it handmade?"
VS.
"Your skirt is lovely! Is it handmade?"
The second compliment sounds so much more artistic and crafty while the first makes it sound drab and desperate.
So, this year I handmade a couple gifts for family.
I made a fleece robe for James. I bought the fleece years ago when I made 50's style pajamas for us and had planned to make us both a robe at the same time as the pajamas. Well, two years later, I got James' robe done! Haha! Now, on to my robe...
I also bought this material years ago with plans to make Jenny a sweatshirt at the same time that I made Katie one. Well, I finally got that done as well. (PS I have set a goal to finish the unfinished projects sitting around my apartment. I'm doing pretty well so far on that goal.) :)
Dad also handmade some gifts for his sons-in-law. Check this picture out! Does it look strange to you at all? These are real jeans cut into two pieces that used to belong to my uncle. Yes, I have TALL uncles. I've always known they were tall but these jeans are incredible!
So, the jeans aren't the gift, although mom did do the sewing work on those. Dad made a ladder game for each.
Plus he made them these cool boxes!
The boxes turn into the washer toss game! Hurray! Now our summer parties will not be boring anymore! Yay! (Just kidding. Who's bored in the summer? That's the best season!)
No comments:
Post a Comment