"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Friday, February 24, 2012

Down and Derby

I got to experience my first Racecar Derby in January. My nephew participated and my brother- and sister-in-law helped put it on, which means it was basically AMAZING! I think they've officially ruined all future Derby's for me.

Here you can see they have the video camera set up with a projector and a computer. They have a special software that sets up the heats and declares the winners and breaks ties and everything! They also have the video camera so everyone can see perfectly while their car is racing AND they can do instant replays!!! How cool is that??

Our job was to keep watch on the younger kids since both Jason and Mary were involved. That was easy! We loved it!

Here are the amazing Derby engineers and our super cool nephew. He had a very cool car!

Here's Adam who came just for fun but actually helped a TON. He was the official switcher of input between the video camera and the computer. Yay for Adam!

Here's the sweet track!

And what is a Derby without a flippin' sweet car cake? That's right! It's a cake, folks! Made by one of the cub scout leaders (the one in the hat in the race track picture.)



1 comment:

Alana Tolley said...

That car cake is A-mazing.