Anyway, the reception was held at a bed and breakfast in town and it worked so perfectly. (Except for when the wind started up and forced a slightly early closure which worked great since it got dark so quickly.)
Here's the view from the street.
It really looked nice when all was said and done but I forget how much work things like this take!
Here is the cool front fencing in close up detail.
Here is the sign in table -- and Kelly! Haha! Kelly was a huge help in setting things up mostly because he just did what he was told without question and when time is short, that is valuable help!
Jackie is a design major and I think it showed in her choice of wedding colors/flowers/decor/everything. It was super lovely and extremely unique! I loved it! Shawna is a plant bio major and therefore did an amazing job with the flowery things. And, Lorie bought personalized M&M's for the tables which the kids LOVED and they added some nice texture to the tables... until the kids ate them.
Grandmary finished sewing a quilt for Jackie just in time and it looked lovely! I am always so impressed with Grandmary's quilts! Hers is the right quilt and I'm not sure who made the left one.
Here is the gift table and the way awesome tree! We hung these bobbles up and the local cat decided they looked way too interesting to leave alone and he climbed the tree to knock the bobbles out which resulted in a battle of wills with the cat for a while. Honestly, I thought it was hilarious but I can understand why some people did not.
This picture has the gift we gave them in it and I thought it was so cute I had to take a picture. I got a soft picnicky cooler and put some fancy stemmed glasses and mini-trifle dishes in it. And then had the filler paper sticking out of the cooler. That was the cute part! Maybe I'm a red-neck though.
Here's the cake.
And the water and lemonade stand.
And the yummy, delicious food that I could have eaten all night...
Here's the line of people that actually worked out really nice except for the fact that Jack was really hungry and didn't get much chance to eat. I saw Mark slip him food every now and then. Thank goodness for brothers and other wonderful family!
I think these are the "Get us out of here" faces. :D Hehe!
This is Grandpa hugging Jackie.
And Jackie's dress - sort of. I never got a great picture of it unfortunately.
And the far back view of the yard and the line.
This was so much fun to see everyone! I loved being there and it turned out so nice! She is the fifth grandchild married and the fourth in August. We have decided that in a few years, we need to all go on a cruise together. Not sure if that will happen at a time that's great for everyone (does that ever happen?) but it's a fun idea anyway. Hopefully someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment