"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Crowther Reunion

My Crowther family has a designated weekend each year that is like our "Homecoming" weekend. That is when almost everyone is at the grandparents for family, food, and fun. Everyone sleeps in tents all over the yard the whole weekend and each family picks a meal to be in charge of. I still think we need to make a yearly cookbook of all the recipes used...

James and I only made it for one night this year but it was nice to see everyone!

One traditional activity is floating down the canal that runs in front of the house. Here is Grandad on the bridge watching the grandkids float down.


And this is my aunt Jill in the canal 'catching and releasing' the grandkids as they float.

Jenny and cousins...

Aunt Coco and cousins...


And here's a nice shot of the canal! Gorgeous, huh? It almost looks story like in this picture...

Jake and Christopher leading the pack.

The pack... there I am in the rear! I was the cousin loader at the beginning meaning someone holds the tube from floating away and I pick up the smaller cousins and set them in their tubes. Therefore, I got a slow start. :D

Here we are yelling at Jill to catch us!

Wendy putting down anchor...

Me on Aunt Trish and Coco's nice lounge float. This was so much better than the tube because the tube just isn't big enough for adults. You see, the canal is only about a foot deep so if an adult sits on the tube, it drops straight to the bottom. An adult has to lay down and distribute their weight as much as possible and hope you don't scrape bottom. After a while, your stomach, leg and neck muscles are dying from holding a superman position for so long. Therefore, these lounge floats were genius! That's what I'm doing next year for sure!

No comments: